Saturday, August 7, 2010

Some sunscreen is bad for you?

Today it's raining in Washington. But I was thinking about all my friends with little children and babies. I was thinking of the time they spend at the beach and outside on sunny days, slathered in banana boat or some other sunscreen. Do my friends realize how toxic many sunscreens are? Do they know that some don't even protect their little kids from UVA rays even though the bottle claims it does? Some sunscreens contain hormone disruptor's, vitamin A (which is linked to higher cancer rates), and the US has no firm regulations for the production of sunscreen in the US!

So what do I use? I use the environmental working group as a reference. Their website is http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/

For Olivia I invested in Badger Sunscreen, given a good rating by the EWG website. It goes on thick and smells like lavender.

Badger SPF 30 Sunscreen For Face & Body 2.9 oz (82 g)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails