Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Very Simple Quick Summer Dinner Salad

Saturday afternoon I did not feel like cooking at all. The accountant was outside busy doing yard work and I knew he would be starving come dinner time. I opened the refrigerator and thought " I don't have much". This is what I pulled out.
Serves 2-4. Time 20 minutes (more if you have to cook rice)

1 Organic lettuce (from PCC)
1 cup Organic cooked brown rice ( uncooked purchased at Costco)
6 Organic mini tomato's (purchased at Costco)
8 Tablespoons sunflower seeds (from trader Joe's)
1 can of garbanzo beans ( Eden canned from vitacost, dryed of course would be cheaper but this is quicker)
Goddess dressing (trader Joe's 1.99 per bottle)
8 Organic "baby" carrots (Costco)
6 Mini portabello mushrooms (Costco)
1 Organic apple (Fred Meyers)

With baby on my hip because she was to fussy I threw together two salads. Granted items were not chopped as small as they would have been if baby was not on hip.!

First place warm brown rice on plate. 1/2 a cup is plenty per plate.

Place about 1 cup of chopped lettuce on top of rice


Then Cut tomatoes in half and place on salad 



Then place carrots on salad. Mine are not chopped but I think it's better if they are




Rinse garbanzo beans and place 1/4 to 1/2 cup on salad




Add sliced mushrooms




Dice 1/2 apple and place on salad followed by sunflower seeds to taste and dressing




Serve. As you can see it makes a large salad. This is the accountants portion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails